Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Missionaries!

Congratulations to my mom and dad.  They got their mission call to Belarus.  It is the western Russia mission.  My mom said she reads everyday about people her age dying, and she is going to Russia.  They will be great missionaries.  There mission is a welfare mission.  They cannot proselyte, or they will probably be hanged or something dreadful.  My parents are just the greatest.  I am so sad to see them leave!  They help me every single day of my little life.   It will be very hard for me to be without them.  But I am so excited for them to have this adventure.   I guess it's my turn to share them with the people of Russia.  They leave January 5th.  Just in time to grab one of those big furry Russian hats.  I'm sure there is a name for those.....  

3 comments:

Flashlight Girl said...

Congratulations for all of your family! Russia sounds very intimidating, but I'm sure they will be fabulous. My parents have been serving a service mission from home for just over a year. They meet with the pornography addicts groups once a week to help them and their families. It has been a wonderful experience for our entire family. They hope to be able to serve a proselyting mission one day, but for now they are saving the world one family at a time. Faithful parents are so awesome!!

When we grow up, Todd and I are looking forward to being missionaries together. I don't think it will really matter what kind of mission it is; serving the Lord and His children will make it special.

Christie said...

I'm excited for your parents and also for you! There's something about having family members out on a mission that 'leavens the bread' at home too. Your family will be more focused on service and missionary work -- great preparation for the future missionaries that you're raising!

And with modern technology, you'll be able to stay in touch like no other time in the history of the world. (My grandparents served a mission when I was a squirt. I still remember reading their letters and listening to their voices on casset tape.) You are so blessed!

Heidi A. said...

What a blessing that they are going to be serving those in need! I'm sure that you will all be blessed through it all!

Yes, it's hard to have our Mom's leave -- but, e-mail saves the day!!!

Blake

  • Great Dad
  • Work
  • Greatest Hubby
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Sand dunes
  • Strong as the hulk
  • work again
  • skiier
  • vegetables
  • 2nd Counselor
  • U2

Blake

Blake
My favorite person in the whole world!

Christian

Christian
"Supe" erman

Supe

  • Motorcycling
  • Skiing
  • motorcycle and ski movies
  • enchiladas
  • Piano
  • Soccer
  • wii star wars legos

Rachael

Rachael
Our Princess

Rachael

  • American Girl Dolls
  • Snoopy Skiier
  • I am a Child of God
  • Aqua
  • Dancing
  • Barbies
  • Climber

Ethan

  • BYU
  • Loves pup
  • 3rd Place Beaver Big Air
  • Not math
  • Lacrosse
  • Skiing
  • Football

Ethan

Ethan
EE