Monday, October 20, 2008

FALL



















I LOVE fall.  I love "sweatshirt weather".  I feel the need to bulk up.  I buy lots of goods at the caselot sale.  I bake lots of yummy treats.  I pull up my flower beds, and rake the huge beautiful leaves that fall from my huge trees.  It is just great.  I also love to make my kids go on long walks with me.  They think I'm most crazy.  I stop about every five seconds and tell them to look and admire their surroundings.  They smile and say uh-huh, fully knowing that their mom is off her rocker.  I tell them that I always take pictures in my head.  That way, if I loose my eyesight, I will have these stored up pictures.  So we all walk around and pretend to "click" the picture.  I treasure these times with my husband and kids.  Even though they just about pass out everytime I bring up the word, once we get going, we all have fun.  I find out so much about each child.  It's a non-judgement zone.  We learn so much about each other while enjoying our beautiful world.   It doesn't take any preparation, and it's FREE!   What could be better?  

3 comments:

Heidi A. said...

I tagged you on my http://simplymormon.blogspot.com site. Hope that's okay -- as someone tagged me. Look forward to reading your answers!!! :)

Christie said...

Next time I am the activity for family night, we're going to go for a walk! Yours sound delightful. (Just how do you get them all to go with you? I'm seeing heavy resistance ahead.) This is a great post! I too love this time of year.

Flashlight Girl said...

Sounds wonderful! Fall in Cache Valley is gorgeous. I'm pretty sure most kids think that their mommys are a bit cracked! I just bet, however, that they will take walks with their kids when they are parents. Don't ya think so?

Blake

  • Great Dad
  • Work
  • Greatest Hubby
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Sand dunes
  • Strong as the hulk
  • work again
  • skiier
  • vegetables
  • 2nd Counselor
  • U2

Blake

Blake
My favorite person in the whole world!

Christian

Christian
"Supe" erman

Supe

  • Motorcycling
  • Skiing
  • motorcycle and ski movies
  • enchiladas
  • Piano
  • Soccer
  • wii star wars legos

Rachael

Rachael
Our Princess

Rachael

  • American Girl Dolls
  • Snoopy Skiier
  • I am a Child of God
  • Aqua
  • Dancing
  • Barbies
  • Climber

Ethan

  • BYU
  • Loves pup
  • 3rd Place Beaver Big Air
  • Not math
  • Lacrosse
  • Skiing
  • Football

Ethan

Ethan
EE