Thursday, June 26, 2008
Pets R Us
I frequently ask myself, why pets? We have two cats, one dog, and now only one bunny. We have buried three bunnies already. Supe has a tendency to kill bunnies. Blake continues to fold, and buys him one right after the other. I took this picture when our dog had puppies recently. Our dogs name is Aggie. Unfortunately, she was date-raped by a black dog. She is a golden lab, and all twelve puppies were black. Last week I took Aggie in to the vet for a hysterectomy. I have felt bad ever since. I took away her right to bear future puppies! She was very groggy, and almost passed out on the way home. I can't stand the dog. She is big and gross and very bothersome. But seeing her coming home from the vet, staggering in pain, I felt so bad! I wasn't going to pay the extra $18.00 for the pain meds. But then Ethan made me feel guilty by telling me he would have to think about paying extra for my pain medicine when I am old. So I called and told them to give her the pain meds. Then next day she was her old self again. Crabby, hairy, and barking at any stranger. Tomorrow is the two male cats day to shine at the vet. They are being neutered. Somehow, I don't feel as bad for them. Is it because I hate cats? Or is it because I can't relate to being neutered?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blake
- Great Dad
- Work
- Greatest Hubby
- Sense and Sensibility
- Sand dunes
- Strong as the hulk
- work again
- skiier
- vegetables
- 2nd Counselor
- U2
Blake
My favorite person in the whole world!
Christian
"Supe" erman
Supe
- Motorcycling
- Skiing
- motorcycle and ski movies
- enchiladas
- Piano
- Soccer
- wii star wars legos
Rachael
Our Princess
Rachael
- American Girl Dolls
- Snoopy Skiier
- I am a Child of God
- Aqua
- Dancing
- Barbies
- Climber
Ethan
- BYU
- Loves pup
- 3rd Place Beaver Big Air
- Not math
- Lacrosse
- Skiing
- Football
Ethan
EE
2 comments:
You are a kick! Our dear dog, Annie, is the result of another date-raped Golden Retreiver. Her had is a brown German Shorthair, but she's black too. And we traveled all the way to Sandy, UT for her and paid $100 to boot. What were we thinking? But now that we have her, I wouldn't trade her for anything. She's clearly my dog, and I love her!
12 puppies? Oh, my. Good call on getting the pain meds. If for no other reason than to make sure you're cared for properly in the future. Don't feel bad about neutering the cats. We have a couple of girlie cats that hang around our house and have been date raped more than once. Gratefully, one poor girl finally got sick and we had to put her to sleep. I felt so bad for these cats whenever they would have kittens. I think they are the neighbors, but they usually spend more time on my back step because my son loves cats and will play with them. Hang in there!
Post a Comment