Sunday, June 22, 2008

Five Things.....

Hello
I am back to my blog. I had to take a hiatus from it for awhile. I spent like two hours trying to figure out how to put those cute backgrounds on my blog. But, alas, I couldn't do it. I was so frustrated that I have had to take a break. So if any fellow bloggers out there have a few minutes to call me and talk me through it, I would be much obliged. It really would be for you benefit afterall. You won't have to see Blake's soaked picture all of the time. I have been challenged by my friend Angie to do this five things list. So, if you get bored, surf away. Otherwise, here we go.....
5 Things on My List Today:
1. It's Sunday. I love Sundays because there are no lists!
2. I do try to make a nice Sunday dinner. I hope for an invite from mom or aunt Jill!!
3. I take a big breathe and gear up for my eight little beehives awaiting me!
4. I usually coerce my family to take a walk around the loop.
5. Every single Sunday night we go out to my mom's house for "happy hour". My brother and his family go also. We visit, have treats, and usually watch a "Murder She Wrote". It's tradition!

5 Favorite Snacks
1. Wheat Thins- like by the box!
2. licorice
3. oreos with peanut butter and milk
4. chocolate covered cinammon bears
5. Michelle Fowers pumpkin bread

5 Things I would do if I had a billion dollars
1. Fly my whole family to Africa and spend the summer doing medical aid
2. Build a swimming pool in my back yard. Complete with trees, barbeque area, the whole shebang.
3. Have it, and enjoy knowing I have tons and tons of money!!
4. Buy anything I wanted from Athleta magazine
5. Buy a beach house in Mexico or Hawaii and go EVERY year with my family.

5 Bad Habits
1. Eating too much!!
2. Picking my cuticles until they bleed.
3. Germ freekazoid!
4. Being moody
5. I tend to be a little too over-protective of my children

5 Places I have lived
1. Hyde Park -in a shack with snakes and huge spiders. It used to be a shed where cattle walked through!
2. Hyde Park- we built our first house there. I still love that house!
3. Smithfield
4. Lehi-
5. North Logan

5 Jobs I have had
1. Queen raspberry picker. My family had fifteen acres of raspberries. They wanted to teach their children to work. It was oh, so fun!!
2. Logan Valley Nursing and Rehab. I worked at this job for 8 hours. I never went back. It was traumatic!
3. Dr. Odell at the budge clinic
4. Treehouse pediatrics- current job. Blake doesnt' really call my four hours a week a job. But I do!!

5 Things people don't know about me:
1. I hate these! I dont' want people to know things about me!!
2. When I run, I have to make sure I don't run on the lines of the road. It really throws me off at times. And it is messing up my hip. OCD!
3. I really am SEVERELY computer challenged!
4. When Blake and I were first married, I couldn't even make Campbell's soup.
5. I am pretty much a democrat. At least, I can't stand George Bush.

There you have it. Probably much more information than you wanted!! Now, fellow bloggers, let me hear from you!!!

2 comments:

Flashlight Girl said...

I'm seriously laughing over the Campbell's soup thing. A tip on the running and hip thing... I had a similar issue a couple of years ago and ignored it until I could barely walk. It took an entire summer of physical therapy before I could run again. So, the things that helped me. . . serious deep (and oh so painful!) massage. Turns out, my muscle was just constantly contracting and a knotted mass. After that, mild strength training for those muscles, (bridge with leg lifts, various yoga positions, etc.) and being more than religious with a 15 minute yoga stretching routine following any running. I stuck with this for a year and it really helped. I'm not as dedicated to the 15 minute stretching rountine these days, but I do benefit from lower body strength training and staying off the cambered edges of the road. I stay in the middle as much as possible. Good luck with the hip!

Flashlight Girl said...

You do know me. It's from that vast wasteland of a former life--high school. I'm Rashell Gibbons' sister Julie (1 year older than you I think). I linked to your blog through Belly Acre Farm. Christie keeps me smiling. Anyway, now you don't have to wonder who the stranger is leaving funky comments on your blog. :)

Blake

  • Great Dad
  • Work
  • Greatest Hubby
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Sand dunes
  • Strong as the hulk
  • work again
  • skiier
  • vegetables
  • 2nd Counselor
  • U2

Blake

Blake
My favorite person in the whole world!

Christian

Christian
"Supe" erman

Supe

  • Motorcycling
  • Skiing
  • motorcycle and ski movies
  • enchiladas
  • Piano
  • Soccer
  • wii star wars legos

Rachael

Rachael
Our Princess

Rachael

  • American Girl Dolls
  • Snoopy Skiier
  • I am a Child of God
  • Aqua
  • Dancing
  • Barbies
  • Climber

Ethan

  • BYU
  • Loves pup
  • 3rd Place Beaver Big Air
  • Not math
  • Lacrosse
  • Skiing
  • Football

Ethan

Ethan
EE