Sunday, September 7, 2008

NYC

Okay, I was waiting to download all our NYC trip photos to my post.  But I think my computer ate the photos.  They are lost forever.  So, Blake and I had a great trip.  I realized that I love tennis lots and lots.  I wish I could play more, but tis' not my season.  I got to finish "Persuasion" on the plane, and also got caught up on the presidential debacle.  Blake and I also tuned into "The Office" on the plane.  I was laughing so hard in my seat that I snorted.  With earphones on and laughing loud, I am sure passengers are still telling stories about me.  It's nice to be back, and I am so grateful for family and friends who helped out with the kids.  We went to ground zero, and my heart went out to all the victims of that terrible ordeal.  It is all too easy to forget things when they don't affect us personally.  9/11 is very personal to all New Yorkers.  I felt such a sense of respect and reverence at this site.  I vowed to remember more the people behind the tragedies of life.  I will pray for them and their families with greater fervor.  I am grateful to live in such a beautiful place.  America truly is beautiful!  

2 comments:

Christie said...

We women who laugh until we snort much stick together! Your trip sounds like fun. Glad to have you back.

Flashlight Girl said...

Glad to have you back on the blog!! I'm glad you had a great trip. I, too, enjoy historical/socially significant sites when travelling. I think you're right that people in general don't sense the pain of a horrific event enough. Once it's off the TV, it moves to the background of importance in our lives. Good for you for feeling the importance and personal nature of Ground Zero. You inspire me to be more mindful of the suffering in the world and find a way to help.

Blake

  • Great Dad
  • Work
  • Greatest Hubby
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Sand dunes
  • Strong as the hulk
  • work again
  • skiier
  • vegetables
  • 2nd Counselor
  • U2

Blake

Blake
My favorite person in the whole world!

Christian

Christian
"Supe" erman

Supe

  • Motorcycling
  • Skiing
  • motorcycle and ski movies
  • enchiladas
  • Piano
  • Soccer
  • wii star wars legos

Rachael

Rachael
Our Princess

Rachael

  • American Girl Dolls
  • Snoopy Skiier
  • I am a Child of God
  • Aqua
  • Dancing
  • Barbies
  • Climber

Ethan

  • BYU
  • Loves pup
  • 3rd Place Beaver Big Air
  • Not math
  • Lacrosse
  • Skiing
  • Football

Ethan

Ethan
EE