Monday, September 15, 2008
Gratitude and other ramblings
Saturday I was thinking about some advice a good friend, and fellow blogger, told me about gratitude journals. She said that one day all she could think to be grateful about was that she had been able to put mascara on for the day. I have been bad lately about keeping up with my gratitude journal. All too often I dwell on the bad things that are going on in my life. It's easy to focus on our trials. So this week I am making a strong effort to focus on the good things of life. There is so much to be grateful for! One of those things is definitely family. Yesterday we went to Sunday dinner at my sister-in-laws house. Our husbands and my dad are fishing in Alaska this week. It was so fun to be together with my mom. My mom is just one of my most favorite people in all the world. We had a yummy dinner and then watched an episode of "The Love Boat". For any of you needing just a great laugh, and good show for kids, this is it. It brought back floods of memories. The kids laughed about the high white knee highs, and the short shorts. It was great. Check it out sometime! Have a very grateful week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blake
- Great Dad
- Work
- Greatest Hubby
- Sense and Sensibility
- Sand dunes
- Strong as the hulk
- work again
- skiier
- vegetables
- 2nd Counselor
- U2
Blake
My favorite person in the whole world!
Christian
"Supe" erman
Supe
- Motorcycling
- Skiing
- motorcycle and ski movies
- enchiladas
- Piano
- Soccer
- wii star wars legos
Rachael
Our Princess
Rachael
- American Girl Dolls
- Snoopy Skiier
- I am a Child of God
- Aqua
- Dancing
- Barbies
- Climber
Ethan
- BYU
- Loves pup
- 3rd Place Beaver Big Air
- Not math
- Lacrosse
- Skiing
- Football
Ethan
EE
4 comments:
Where do I find re-runs of the Love Boat? Your Sunday sounded wonderful. I hope this week is full of all sorts of things to be grateful for. (Come get a watermelon!)
Thanks for the reminder! I, too, struggle to see the bright side sometimes. Blogging and trying to keep it "positive" has helped. "The Love Boat. . . soon will be making a another run. . . the love boat. . . do do do do do do" I'm getting me some!!
It was a great Sunday and I think we really are lucky to have such a great family. Thanks for coming and all the yummy things you brought. And as far as other things are concerned, I think we will look back and laugh one day. you are a GREAT sister-in-law!
I need to do that too; be grateful for everything that I have! Thanks for the reminder! Are you going to get to cook some of that yummy fish that they bring back. :)
I'm making a new blog LIST and wondered if you'd give me permission to add your blog. If so, will you go to http://www.MormonMomsWhoBlog.blogspot.com?
I think it could be a win-win for all!
Love you much!!!
Post a Comment