Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm Gorgeous Inside

I had to take a picture of this.  I was carpooling and my son saw this house with the sign that reads, "I'm Gorgeous Inside".  He was laughing at the proclaimed statement because it is clearly a dive.  But it got my wheels turning.  Do I ever claim to be gorgeous on the inside, when really I am not?   Outwardly speaking, I always feel like I am much more gorgeous on the inside.  My knees hurt, my face is wrinkly, but I still feel my same old self on the inside.  Spiritually though, I wonder if I convince myself that I am gorgeous on the inside, in yet do nothing to keep it up.  Will the Lord laugh just as my son did, and say clearly you are a dive?  I sure hope not!  

4 comments:

Michele said...

The fact that you think that way proves how beautiful you are trying to be. To answer your question, you are beautiful inside and out!

Flashlight Girl said...

So often I feel the same way. I really don't want the Lord to laugh and think I'm a dive. I'd better get working a bit harder. I think as we get older, maybe all of our wrinkles and aches and pains are only un-lovely to ourselves. They simply mark the events that are trying to make our insides more beautiful and appealing if we will let them. :) Have a great day!

Cox Clan said...

I think those who are beautiful on the inside are those who help others feel good about themselves. You have always made me feel good about myself. You set such a great example to me and your testimony of the Savior radiates in you. Thanks for sharing your beautiful inside.

Christie said...

Oh, Ali. Of course you're beautiful on the inside! But I understand what you're asking. I've been wondering just how dedicated the lord wants me to be. I'm pretty sure the answer is 100%. Which is more than the percentage I've been putting up lately. In fact, I just may do a post on this concept. Thanks for getting me thinking.

Blake

  • Great Dad
  • Work
  • Greatest Hubby
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Sand dunes
  • Strong as the hulk
  • work again
  • skiier
  • vegetables
  • 2nd Counselor
  • U2

Blake

Blake
My favorite person in the whole world!

Christian

Christian
"Supe" erman

Supe

  • Motorcycling
  • Skiing
  • motorcycle and ski movies
  • enchiladas
  • Piano
  • Soccer
  • wii star wars legos

Rachael

Rachael
Our Princess

Rachael

  • American Girl Dolls
  • Snoopy Skiier
  • I am a Child of God
  • Aqua
  • Dancing
  • Barbies
  • Climber

Ethan

  • BYU
  • Loves pup
  • 3rd Place Beaver Big Air
  • Not math
  • Lacrosse
  • Skiing
  • Football

Ethan

Ethan
EE