These are my cutest little beehives. I am missing two for the picture. We had a great activity the other night. We met at the church and made cookies from that way fattening tub of lard that the school sells. Then we made cute tags and put a few in little sacks with ribbon. I then took them up to the temple and we handed them out to patrons as they were leaving their session. It was such a great activity! The patrons were so grateful for them. It really touched the girls. They were so happy to be at the temple. It was one of those activities that just worked out at the last minute. I was going to take them up and wash windows of the cars, but the temple said we can't do that anymore. This was way more fun anyway. I am the lone ranger beehive leader. I was just called as counselor, and my helper works a lot. Blake being in the bishopric makes for chaos. I would think I would get the calling of my dreams. It turns out, I get put where nobody wants. I do love it though. I love these girls just to pieces!! They helped me do a beauty makeover party for Rachael on her birthday. It was a hit. I must say something else to my fellow bloggers. Our ward did not hand out anything for mothers day. I personally, was grateful. I felt no guilt about letting a poor little waif of a flower die in my garage this year. The person in charge, forgot completely. We have had sooo many complaints. So tell me ladies, is this a major big deal? Am I the only one in the world that thinks it's lame? ajd
Thursday, May 15, 2008
These are my cutest little beehives. I am missing two for the picture. We had a great activity the other night. We met at the church and made cookies from that way fattening tub of lard that the school sells. Then we made cute tags and put a few in little sacks with ribbon. I then took them up to the temple and we handed them out to patrons as they were leaving their session. It was such a great activity! The patrons were so grateful for them. It really touched the girls. They were so happy to be at the temple. It was one of those activities that just worked out at the last minute. I was going to take them up and wash windows of the cars, but the temple said we can't do that anymore. This was way more fun anyway. I am the lone ranger beehive leader. I was just called as counselor, and my helper works a lot. Blake being in the bishopric makes for chaos. I would think I would get the calling of my dreams. It turns out, I get put where nobody wants. I do love it though. I love these girls just to pieces!! They helped me do a beauty makeover party for Rachael on her birthday. It was a hit. I must say something else to my fellow bloggers. Our ward did not hand out anything for mothers day. I personally, was grateful. I felt no guilt about letting a poor little waif of a flower die in my garage this year. The person in charge, forgot completely. We have had sooo many complaints. So tell me ladies, is this a major big deal? Am I the only one in the world that thinks it's lame? ajd
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blake
- Great Dad
- Work
- Greatest Hubby
- Sense and Sensibility
- Sand dunes
- Strong as the hulk
- work again
- skiier
- vegetables
- 2nd Counselor
- U2
Blake
My favorite person in the whole world!
Christian
"Supe" erman
Supe
- Motorcycling
- Skiing
- motorcycle and ski movies
- enchiladas
- Piano
- Soccer
- wii star wars legos
Rachael
Our Princess
Rachael
- American Girl Dolls
- Snoopy Skiier
- I am a Child of God
- Aqua
- Dancing
- Barbies
- Climber
Ethan
- BYU
- Loves pup
- 3rd Place Beaver Big Air
- Not math
- Lacrosse
- Skiing
- Football
Ethan
EE
3 comments:
Hey the flower is lame... but our ward hands out O'Aggie bars INSTEAD of the flower. I bet you wouldn't think that was quite as lame. (Did they do that when this was your ward?) Leave it to the women to be bugged about something like that though! I don't notice the RS doing anything on Father's Day???
Complaining about not receiving a gift? Since when are unreceived gifts something you could complain about? I'm with you, nothing is the new something. Less really is more! (P.S. Check your front porch. I left you a gift that won't die in your garage.) Happy Birthday, late.
I'm sneaking in via Christie's blog. Hope that's okay. Our ward gives out a little package of Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolates. One mint truffle and one carmel. What could be better? My hubby is the ward clerk and managed to snag a few extras after the block. He's not a mom, but he sure thought the gift was tasty!:) Personally, I would really like to see all of the money wards waste on dopey little trinkets and gifts spent on something a bit more important, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority-- at least in my ward.
Post a Comment