Okay. You may be asking yourself, "Why is this dumb picture of Alison's nano on her blog?" I will answer this question my dear friends. This happens to be my sixth ipod. Much to my chagrin, and even much much much to Blake's chagrin, I have a nano abuse problem. I LOVE my nano, and I have loved my IPODS. I cannot survive running without them. The problem I face is upkeep. My first died from all the sweat getting into the main system and failing. The second IPOD got rained on while I was running. My third just didn't ever work out for me, so I gave it to my son. I like the nano better. It's smaller, and can click right onto my shorts. However, that proved to be disatrous for my fourth nano. I washed it right along with my shorts. Now my last and final nano, according to Blake, is ruined. I got it my birthday and I was so excited. I kept it in my car and pampered it ever so gently. We were on our way, late, to the Fowers for a barbeque. I held our meat marinating in soy sauce on my lap. Blake turned sharp, and the soy sauce spilled. It got onto my nano. I hurried and brushed it off, but it was dead. So, I had heard that you can wash them, let them dry out, and then they will work again. So this is day five of hoping the nano will regenerate. I washed it. I dried it with a little fan, and charged it. No signs of life. I am a wreck about it. Blake says no more. I say it is really his fault for driving liking a crazy man. Who wins? We'll see......So goodbye purple nano.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blake
- Great Dad
- Work
- Greatest Hubby
- Sense and Sensibility
- Sand dunes
- Strong as the hulk
- work again
- skiier
- vegetables
- 2nd Counselor
- U2
Blake
My favorite person in the whole world!
Christian
"Supe" erman
Supe
- Motorcycling
- Skiing
- motorcycle and ski movies
- enchiladas
- Piano
- Soccer
- wii star wars legos
Rachael
Our Princess
Rachael
- American Girl Dolls
- Snoopy Skiier
- I am a Child of God
- Aqua
- Dancing
- Barbies
- Climber
Ethan
- BYU
- Loves pup
- 3rd Place Beaver Big Air
- Not math
- Lacrosse
- Skiing
- Football
Ethan
EE
3 comments:
My thoughts are that if this is your 6th... somehow you'll figure out a way to get the 7th! I do have to agree with you on the crazy driving part though - you have probably noticed from my comments on my own husband's driving that I would DEFINITELY be blaming this on the sharp turn!
The problem is that you're thinking of a Nano as an "end all" item -- something that you buy and never need to buy again. In your case, buying a Nano is like buying a pair of running shoes. You can't expect to run forever in the same old pair of shoes. Ditto the Nano. Apparently, your Nanos wear out. Besides, isn't a Nano cheaper than some running shoes? Tell Blake that he's getting a bargain. What's the alternative? Not running? Does he really want the outcome of not running? I think he'll be more than happy when you get your new Nano. Go girl!
So frustrating! Isn't their a "Mother rocks!" award or something? I agree with Christie's comment about the Nano being an essential part of your exercise rountine. Besides, even if you go through a few Nanos a year and are running outside, it's still cheaper than a gym membership. And for the record, it's absolutely the driver's fault.:)
Post a Comment